MetLife, Inc. (NYSE: MET), an official partner of the U.S. Department of Energy’s Workplace Charging Challenge, has installed innovative electric car charging stations at company offices for employees to power up their plug-in electric vehicles (PEV) during the workday.
According to the Electric Drive Transportation Association (EDTA) *, through June of this year cumulative U.S. plug-in vehicle sales have more than tripled to 110,000 cars versus just a year ago. Understanding the need for PEVs and the importance of a sustainable future, MetLife is firmly committed to the national effort to promote alternative transportation. With 32 charging stations, also known as Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment (EVSE), at 14 U.S. facilities across 10 states, MetLife currently has the most wide-spread workplace charging program of any non-PEV industry company currently participating in the Workplace Charging Challenge. **
“MetLife has a broad and deep commitment to sustainable business practices,” said Joseph Sprouls, Senior Vice President, Global Corporate Services for MetLife. “Not only are we putting a stake in the ground through this innovative, green initiative, but we’re also encouraging our employees to do the same by giving them the alternative mode of transportation for their commute to work.”
The company selected GE to provide the charging stations based on its advanced technology and its strong business relationship with MetLife. The procured GE EVSE units are Level II chargers, which allows for a reduced charge time from 12-18 hours to 4-8 hours. The stations also have vinyl wrapping branded with MetLife logos and Snoopy images on the pedestals.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV