Law firm information managers now have a blueprint written by their peers to create policies and processes for securing information and making it available to clients and lawyers alike. Written by information management professionals from top U.S. law firms, two new reports – “Building Law Firm Information Governance: Prime Your Processes” and “Emerging Trends in Law Firm Information Governance” – focus on how their industry manages, secures and accesses client and firm information.
Published by Iron Mountain Incorporated (NYSE: IRM), the reports are products of a three-day symposium held in March. They deliver practical advice on making information governance a stronger part of day-to-day law firm operations and provide valuable insight into three key trends affecting governance at law firms: Big Data, the 24/7 law firm and predictive coding. The reports are now available at programs.ironmountain.com/forms/LawFirmIGSymposiumReport (registration required).
The reports focus on three main areas:
- Building IG: The Information Governance Advisory Board. This first section of the “Building Law Firm Information Governance” report recommends steps for creating an advisory board of operational, executive and practice-level leaders who develop information governance principles and educate the firm on their benefits.
- How to Build Information Governance into Key Processes. The second section of the “Building Law Firm Information Governance” report examines 14 everyday processes key to achieving governance, providing definitions, advice and real-world examples for weaving information governance into a firm’s daily operations.
- Emerging Trends in Law Firm Information Governance. This report identifies three of the biggest trends impacting information management in law firms today – Big Data, the 24/7 law firm and predictive coding on processes beyond eDiscovery.
“In the legal environment, information governance is becoming more of a requirement than an option, especially as more clients want to know how their information is being protected,” said Brianne Aul, senior manager, Firmwide Records, Reed Smith LLP and a member of the symposium steering committee. “Clients have very valid expectations that their outside counsel will have policies and protocols for keeping information secure, whether the information is in paper or electronic. That said, those policies and protocols become even more critical as attorneys and clients become increasingly mobile. Our hope is that this report will provide firms a guide for building those policies and processes to make sure information can be readily available while staying secure, a key hallmark of information governance.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV