DISH (NASDAQ: DISH) invites people nationwide to learn how to “Talk Boston” – or as a Boston native might say, “Tack Bahstin.” The company today launched a campaign reminding Americans to take advantage of DISH’s iPad 2 offer available this summer.
TalkBoston.com screenshot of Boston as a Second Language videos (Photo: Business Wire)
“The Boston dialect incorporates one of America’s most distinct and beloved accents, and is a trademark of the Boston Guys, the stars of our Hopper commercials,” said James Moorhead, DISH’s senior vice president and chief marketing officer. “ TalkBoston.com features interactive games and lesson videos that make learning Boston as a second language fun.”
TalkBoston.com has several Boston-English interactive features including:
- Boston-English Vocabulary Resource: Pronounced by DISH’s Boston Guys, Boston-English translations of common vocabulary words, such as “ awfa” (“offer”), “ bahgan” (“bargain”), and “ fadaze” (“for days”).
- Talk Boston Test: Players race against the clock or friends to decipher dozens of words spelled in Boston English.
- Talk Boston Tweet Translator: First-of-its-kind translator which automatically turns tweets into Boston English.
- “Boston as a Second Language” Class Videos: Led by a native Bostonian instructor fluent in Boston English: Kahkeez, Hoppa, Escalayta vs. Stayas, are a few videos of the series that follows students as they learn the nuances of the Boston accent.
In addition to the TalkBoston.com website, the campaign includes a collection of social videos with notable Boston celebrities making appearances, including current New England Patriot Vince Wilfork."After nearly a decade in New England, I’m proud to be Bostonian. But the accent was a little tough for me to understand. Learning how to talk Boston with DISH has made me more comfortable than ever before at the place I call home,” said Wilfork.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV