SAN JOSE, Calif., July 29, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Realtor.com®, operated by Move, Inc. (NASDAQ: MOVE), today announced the results of its Back to School survey that ran on realtor.com® from July 18-22 and analyzed how much impact school boundaries have on buyers looking to purchase a home within two years. Realtor.com® found that 3 out of 5 home buyers surveyed said school boundaries will impact their home purchasing decision.
Key Survey Findings:A majority of home buyers who said school boundaries will have an impact are willing to pay 1 percent to 10 percent above budget to live within school boundaries:
- 23.59 percent would pay 1 percent to 5 percent above budget
- 20.70 percent would pay 6 percent to 10 percent above budget
- 8.98 percent would pay 11 percent to 20 percent above budget
- 40.33 percent would not go above budget
"Our survey demonstrates the large impact school boundaries have on those looking to purchase a home. In April, realtor.com® launched its new mobile school search functionality which allows buyers to search for listings in specific school and district boundaries," said Barbara O'Connor, chief marketing officer at Move, Inc. "This data shows how compelling this new feature is to consumers and the impact it has on their home purchase experience. School search demonstrates realtor.com®'s commitment to innovation and expansion of features based on the needs of users and customers. We will also be launching a section on our realtor.com site focused on back to school tips which will provide more information to help those whose housing decisions are influenced by school boundaries."
For those home buyers who said school boundaries will have an impact on their decision, the majority indicated school boundaries will be an important consideration:
- 90.53 percent said school boundaries are "important" and "somewhat important"
- 2.04 percent were "neutral" around importance of school boundaries
- 7.43 percent said school boundaries are "unimportant" and "very unimportant"
- 62.39 percent would do without a pool or spa
- 50.60 percent would give up accessibility to shopping
- 43.96 percent would pass on a bonus room
- 41.99 percent would offer up nearby parks and trails
- 45.19 percent want to live within school boundaries
- 33.67 percent want to live within a few miles so their children can ride the school bus
- 17.20 percent want to live within a mile so their children can walk to school
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV