GLENVIEW, Ill., July 29, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- A day devoted to cheesecake is right around the corner! To celebrate National Cheesecake Day on July 30 th, America's favorite cream cheese, PHILADELPHIA, is sharing four updated versions of the classic dessert recipes reflecting top trends over the decades.
PHILADELPHIA has been making delicious and inspiring cheesecakes for more than 140 years. The favorite American brand recently looked at how taste preferences have evolved throughout the years and developed new recipes to reflect dessert-lovers' ever-changing taste buds. These modernized favorites include Boston Cream, Bananas Foster, Chocolate Peanut Butter and Mojito cheesecakes, which can be found exclusively on the PHILADELPHIA Facebook page.
"Seasonal ingredients, unique flavor combinations and fun forms such as mini-cheesecakes are a few of the biggest dessert trends now," says Chef Carrie Conway from the PHILADELPHIA kitchens. "We developed these new recipes for National Cheesecake Day to capture some of today's trends in a way that anyone can create and enjoy with family and friends."
PHILADELPHIA celebrates dessert trends of past decades by creating the following modern, unforgettable cheesecakes:
- 1950's - It's easy as pie! Love both cake and pie? The new Boston Cream Cheesecake – an updated version of the 1950's dessert favorite – combines golden sponge cake, rich creamy filling and a decadent chocolate topping. This is one delicious pie with the PHILADELPHIA seal of approval in cheesecake form.
- 1970's/80's – Reinventing the PBJ: The popular peanut butter and jelly cheesecake from the 1970's and 1980's has been reimagined in the new instantly recognizable Peanut Butter and Chocolate Cheesecake. For a savory spin on this favorite flavor combination, try topping with a sprinkle of salted peanuts.
- 1990's – Sometimes You Feel Like a Nut: The banana nut cheesecake, a popular dessert in the 1990's, has been modernized in the new Bananas Foster Cheesecake, which calls for a combination of bananas, brown sugar, cinnamon and rum. Most commonly used in ice cream and crepe desserts, the updated PHILADELPHIA recipe changes things up by incorporating it into a cheesecake with a luscious warm topping.
- Today's Trend - Cheers to this! Celebrating unique, modern flavors, enjoy the refreshing taste of summer in a light and creamy dessert with The Mojito Cheesecake. Lime, mint and rum meld perfectly together with PHILADELPHIA cream cheese for a fresh and delightful treat that's sure to surprise at your summer backyard party.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV