OFS Capital Corporation (NASDAQ:OFS), a business development company (BDC), announced today that it has submitted documentation to the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) in connection with the Company’s plan to convert its investment in Tamarix Capital Partners, L.P., a small business investment company fund (SBIC Fund), into a wholly-owned subsidiary of OFS Capital.
“This submission is a crucial step in our process of converting the SBIC Fund into a wholly-owned subsidiary,” stated Glenn Pittson, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer for OFS Capital. “We intend to scale the SBIC Fund’s size to the statutory maximum of $225 million, which includes $75 million of equity capital and access to up to $150 million of SBA debentures, in order to meet the continued demand for capital by small businesses.”
Currently, OFS Capital owns approximately 67.5% of the limited partnership interests of the SBIC Fund and has reached an agreement to acquire all of the remaining limited partnership interests. Third-party commitments total approximately $11 million, with less than half of those commitments presently funded. OFS Capital also intends to acquire all of the membership interests in Tamarix Capital G.P. LLC, the SBIC Fund’s general partner, as well as retain the services of the entire Tamarix investment team. Acquiring the limited partnership interests in the SBIC Fund and the membership interests in the General Partner requires SBA approval. There can be no assurance as to whether, or when, the SBA will grant this approval.
Additionally, OFS Capital has filed an application for exemptive relief with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) which, if granted, would provide additional flexibility by allowing OFS Capital to exclude all SBA debentures held at the SBIC Fund from its asset coverage ratio. There can be no assurance as to whether, or when, the SEC will grant the exemptive relief requested.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV