NTT Communications Corporation (NTT Com), the data, cloud and international communications business within NTT (TOKYO: 9432; NYSE: NTT), the Fortune Global 500 telecom leader, today announced the company continues to lead in advancing ground-breaking technologies and services that give North American enterprises a competitive advantage. During the first six months of this year, the company introduced new products and services that reduce network complexity, revolutionize virtualization and deliver truly seamless global cloud computing. The company also expanded its network capacity, added data centers in key geographies, and continued its commitment to open innovation through a strong executive speaking program.
World’s 1st #SDN-enabled enterprise #cloud, 6 new data ctrs & dedication to knowledge sharing = #innovation http://ow.ly/n4e47 @nttcom Tweet This
Driving Innovation with the First Ever SDN-Enabled Enterprise Cloud
Leading the way in enterprise cloud services, and building on the company’s initial launch in Japan and Hong Kong in June of last year, NTT Com announced in February 2013 the global availability of its pioneering Software-Defined Networking (SDN)-based Enterprise Cloud with the addition of data centers in Singapore, England, and Virginia and California in the United States. With Enterprise Cloud, NTT Com became the first provider in the world to employ SDN in its global network. Since launching Enterprise Cloud, NTT Com has acquired additional clients and seen strong interest from global enterprises who regard Enterprise Cloud as a flexible extension of their own data centers, enabling them to connect existing private networks to the cloud and gain additional cost-optimized and secure compute capacity.Additionally, in June 2013, NTT Com announced the world’s first SDN-based cloud migration service, on-premises connection, with availability in Japan beginning in July 2013 and plans for global roll-out forthcoming. The service facilitates smooth, flexible transitions to the cloud by connecting customer on-premises systems with NTT Com’s Enterprise Cloud via the same LAN IP address segment using SDN technology. Six New Data Centers Extend Reach, Recognized by Leading Internet Intelligence Firm as Top Provider In the first half of 2013, NTT Com made significant investments in the expansion of its worldwide data center services, strengthening cloud computing services for global enterprise customers. Launches and construction of new data centers in Hong Kong, Tokyo and Malaysia; new data centers launched and under construction by subsidiary companies in Slough, UK and Bangalore, India; and a new data center under construction in Bangkok through a majority acquisition of Digital Port Asia Limited augment NTT Com’s substantial global footprint of more than 140 data centers, five of which are located in the United States. These NTT Com owned and operated data centers are connected via a network of NTT controlled marine cables, NTT Com’s Global IP Network (AS 2914) – a global tier-1, IPv6-ready Internet backbone, and the Arcstar Universal One™ VPN network. NTT Com seamlessly moves and stores data securely across its expansive global infrastructure, providing flexible, real-time access to bandwidth to streamline cost and support the growth of global enterprises. In January 2013, leading Internet intelligence firm, Renesys, recognized NTT Com as one of the top global wholesale IP providers based on the network capacity of the company’s Global IP Network. Renesys’ Wholesale Rankings 2012, published by Capacity Magazine in its Wholesale World 2013 Yearbook and based on a metric called the wholesale customer base score, placed NTT Com second on the global wholesale list at the end of 2012, up from third place at the end of 2011, and showed NTT Com making substantial gains over the year. The authors of the report predict continued growth for NTT Com within the North American market in 2013. The Global IP Network added points of presence (PoPs) in Stockholm, Sweden and Barcelona, Spain, further increasing the portfolio of connectivity routes available for new and existing customers. “We’ve seen significant growth in our target markets in the Americas, including telecommunications, and with Internet centric businesses such as ISPs and content providers, and we’re pleased that our colleagues in the industry are recognizing our success,” said Michael Wheeler, Executive Vice President of NTT Communications Global IP Network, addressing industry leaders on global wholesale trends and future opportunities at the International Telecoms Week (ITW) Conference in Chicago in May 2013. “We will continue to invest in our infrastructure all over the world and improve our network capacity in the months and years ahead to meet customer requirements for increased bandwidth in support of their global business expansion.” Capacity Magazine also published newly released data by Renesys showing NTT Com maintaining the second position on its global wholesale IP provider list during the first three months of 2013. The Mark of a True Leader is Open Innovation At the beginning of 2013, NTT Communications’ executives embarked on a robust speaking engagement program to spark innovation, leveraging their deep expertise in advanced networking to educate industry colleagues and peers on how to best employ some of today’s most revolutionary and disruptive industry technologies, such as SDN and cloud computing.
- NTT America CEO Kazuhiro Gomi joined a panel of fellow CEOs at the MIT Sloan CIO Symposium in May 2013 and examined the ways he uses IT to drive innovation at NTT America and how NTT Com is architecting the Internet of the future with its Enterprise Cloud.
- At the Open Networking Summit in April 2013, NTT Com publically demonstrated a gateway between its Arcstar Universal One™ VPN service and its Enterprise Cloud. Yukio Ito, Senior Vice President of Service Infrastructure at NTT Com, offered a plenary on SDN’s impact on enterprise cloud computing. Nayan Naik, Director of Product Strategy at NTT America, and Ichiro Fukuda, Associate Director of SDN and Cloud Technology at NTT Innovation Institute, Inc. (NTT I 3), also discussed NTT Com’s Enterprise Cloud during the conference.
- Also in April, Nayan Naik of NTT America analyzed the evolution of cloud computing and presented NTT Com’s SDN-based Enterprise Cloud at the IT Roadmap Boston Conference.
- NTT Com sponsored an all-day workshop on SDN and Michael Wheeler of NTT America discussed challenges and opportunities for carriers in Latin America at the Capacity Latam Conference in March 2013.
- Doug Junkins, CTO of NTT America, engaged fellow CTOs in a panel discussion on technological revolutions taking place within the Internet and spoke about NTT Com’s early adoption of SDN at the Pacific Telecom Council (PTC) 2013 Conference in January.
|NTT Innovation Institute:||www.ntti3.com/|
|NTT Communications Global Cloud Vision:||www.ntt.com/global-ict/|
|NTT Communications Enterprise Cloud:||www.ntt.com/enterprise_cloud_e/|
|NTT Communications Global Data Center Services:||www.ntt.com/worldwide/service/global-data-center.html|
|NTT Communications Global IP Network:||www.us.ntt.net|
|NTT Communications Arcstar Universal One™ Network:||www.ntt.com/universalone_e|
|NTT Communications Blog:||www.nttcom.tv/|
|Renesys Wholesale Rankings 2012:||http://bit.ly/18lzzZ1|
|Fortune Global 500 for 2013:||http://cnnmon.ie/12QXMRf|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV