RED BANK, N.J., July 29, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- ZAIS Financial Corp. (NYSE: ZFC) ("ZAIS Financial" or the "Company") announced today that it has acquired a residential mortgage loan portfolio with an unpaid principal balance of approximately $167.8 million, utilizing approximately $98.7 million of its financing facility with Citibank, N.A. to fund a portion of the purchase price. "We are pleased to have completed this purchase which moves us significantly towards our long-term asset allocation target with respect to whole loans," said Michael Szymanski, President and Chief Executive Officer of ZAIS Financial. "We continue to pursue additional whole loan acquisitions in the ordinary course of our business, the results of which will be reported in our regular filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission," said Mr. Szymanski.
About ZAIS Financial Corp.
ZAIS Financial Corp. is a real estate investment trust ("REIT") which invests in, finances and manages a diversified portfolio of residential mortgage assets, other real estate-related securities and financial assets. The Company is externally managed and advised by ZAIS REIT Management, LLC, a subsidiary of ZAIS Group, LLC. Additional information can be found on the Company's website at www.zaisfinancial.com.
SOURCE ZAIS Financial Corp.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV