CHICAGO( TheStreet) -- Although the number of people needing custom medicines and new ways to take them is growing exponentially, there are few pharmaceuticals companies positioned to take advantage of the trend.
Enter Imprimis Pharmaceuticals (IMMY).
The California company has a unique combination of delivery methods and partner that make it worthy of attention as more people worry about the harmful long-term effects of certain mass-produced medications.
For instance, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs such as Advil, Motrin and Aleve have been shown in studies to cause stomach ailments. "Gastritis, esophageal reflux disease and bleeding ulcers are all problems that can develop from NSAIDs," says Robert Hoffman, chief of rheumatology at the University of Miami's Miller School of Medicine.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV