At the time of publication, Action Alerts PLUS, which Cramer co-manages as a charitable trust, was long WY.
The Game Looks Rigged
Posted at 12:32 p.m. EDT on Thursday, July 25Did you ever think that when you saw a stock move that someone knew something you didn't? Did you ever suspect that the "big boys" had the call and you were just a peon, someone to be fleeced in a game of Three-Card Stock Monte by people who had the inside skinny when you never could, people who knew what the quarter would be before it was reported, what the next takeover would be and where the next shortfall would occur? If you read the indictment of SAC Capital that was filed today, you can draw only one conclusion: Your suspicions were absolutely right. It was rigged by the big boys, at least by this multibillion-dollar hedge fund. The implication of this indictment is that they had the call pretty much consistently, meaning that they knew what was going to happen in a broad range of stocks, stocks too numerous to mention here but they include Nvidia (NVDA), Dell (DELL), Intel (INTC), Cisco (CSCO). Cypress Semi (CY), Broadcom (BRCM), Yahoo! (YHOO), Microsoft (MSFT), Research In Motion (BBRY) and AMD (AMD).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV