NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Jim Cramer fills his blog on RealMoney every day with his up-to-the-minute reactions to what's happening in the market and his legendary ahead-of-the-crowd ideas. This week he blogged on:
- Japan's unstable market; and
- criminal charges against SAC Capital.
Click here for information on RealMoney, where you can see all the blogs, including Jim Cramer's -- and reader comments -- in real time.
It's Just a Mild HangoverPosted at 10:58 a.m. EDT on Friday, July 26 At last, we have one of those days when we come in and people say, "We have to sell because..." And the "because" isn't answered with a U.S. situation, such as tapering or earnings, or a fight between the House and the president. Today it's all about whether Japan is in trouble. I am adamant that Japan isn't in trouble but that the market there has become unstable in its volatility, and it does freak people out. I come back to the high quality of earnings we have seen all week and a belief that we can't throw out the baby with the Japanese bathwater. Just think last night and this morning about the ratio. We had a bad number from Expedia (EXPE) that is hurting the travel stocks, but if you go over the quarter and the conference call, you would think that that's the wrong takeaway and that the other travel names should be bought. In the meantime, you have terrific numbers from Starbucks (SBUX) and Gilead (GILD) last night after the close -- two huge-cap stocks -- and then good numbers from Weyerhaeuser (WY) and Stanley Black & Decker (SWK) this morning, both of which could have tripped us up and didn't. Don't forget that Amazon (AMZN) reported a quarter that was widely viewed as disappointing, and it didn't take the Internet cohort down. In fact, it has barely kept down Amazon itself.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV