First In Class Once-Daily Dual Bronchodilator Ultibro® Breezhaler® (QVA149) Gains Positive CHMP Opinion For The Treatment Of COPD
About Seebri ® Breezhaler ®
NVA237 (glycopyrronium bromide; brand name: Seebri ® Breezhaler ® (EU), Seebri ® Inhalation Capsules ( Japan); ("glycopyrronium")) is a novel inhaled long-acting muscarinic antagonist (LAMA; also referred to as a long-acting anticholinergic) indicated as a maintenance bronchodilator treatment to relieve symptoms in adult patients with COPD [ 18 ]. Glycopyrronium was exclusively licensed to Novartis in April 2005 by Sosei and its co-development partner Vectura. In Phase III studies (GLOW 1, 2 and 3) glycopyrronium demonstrated rapid improvements in lung function after first dose on Day 1 which was sustained for 24 hours and maintained over the 52 week study period compared with placebo. Glycopyrronium 50 mcg also significantly improved shortness of breath, health-related quality of life, exacerbation risk, and exercise endurance versus placebo [ 19 ] - [ 21 ]. Glycopyrronium is approved in the EU, Japan, Switzerland, Canada, Australia and a number of other countries.
All Novartis inhaled COPD portfolio products are being developed for delivery via a single-dose dry powder inhaler (SDDPI) called the Breezhaler ® device which has low air flow resistance [ 22 ], making it suitable for patients with airflow limitation [ 23 ]. The Breezhaler ® device allows patients to hear, feel and see that they have taken the full dose correctly [ 18 ].
Seebri®, Ultibro® and Breezhaler® are registered trademarks of Novartis.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV