China and European Union Reach Settlement on Solar Panels
But Chancellor Angela Merkel of Germany, the most powerful EU leader, spoke out strongly against the duties, fearful they would result in a Chinese backlash.
In early July, China's commerce ministry opened an anti-dumping inquiry into wine exports from Europe in response to the EU's planned tariffs on Chinese solar panels.
Associated Press writer Frank Jordans in Berlin contributed to this report.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV