NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- You have to love a company that not only makes products that are in demand but whose leadership is buying shares in generous quantities.
As of the first of this year, the CEO of Texas Instruments (TXN), Richard Templeton, owned an impressive 1,334,669 shares valued at Friday's closing share price of $39.11 at over $52 million.
Since Jan. 31, Templeton has held on to the shares of his company because it's in the right business at the right time and quite profitable to boot! It's a company that's been defining itself for more than 80 years.
"Texas Instruments serves the world's most innovative electronics companies, helping them develop new ideas that change the way we live," TXN says about itself. "By providing semiconductor technologies that promote greater power efficiency, enable more features, enhance performance and deliver more value, TI expands the possibilities every day for how we learn, connect, grow and discover."If you want more details on what TXN accomplishes and provides I encourage you to visit its user-friendly Web site. You'll be as impressed as I was as you browse around. Analysts don't love the company as much as shareholders do. Only 12 out of 44 rate it as a buy in spite of the latest positive earnings report and the share price hitting a 6-year high. One analyst who believes in TXN is Marc Lichtenfeld, senior editor of The Oxford Income Letter. Last Monday, after the market closed, TXN beat the consensus earnings per share estimate of 41 cents by 1 cent and raised guidance for the third quarterl. The company expects to earn between 49 cents and 57 cents per share next quarter. The most recent consensus had been about 51 cents. Lichtenfeld posed an important question in a report sent to subscribers on Thursday, "What has management
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV