"We are mindful that the PC market is challenged for a number of reasons," he said, during a phone interview with TheStreet. "Even with a soft PC market, we see ourselves with a product portfolio positioning to get into other areas of growth again -- for example, tablets and the thin and light notebooks that are coming out."
O'Malley pointed, in particular, to Seagate's launch last month of a 7-mm thin hybrid drive aimed at the notebook market and a 5-mm thin mobile drive for tablets.
"With the portfolio we recently launched, it sets us up really well for the second half
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV