Unum (NYSE:UNM) announced today that Steven A. Zabel has been named senior vice president and chief risk officer for the company, effective August 5.
In this capacity, Zabel will be responsible for the oversight of Unum’s enterprise risk management program and will relocate to the company’s Chattanooga headquarters.
He joins Unum from Genworth Financial, where he was most recently senior vice president of Long Term Care Insurance and previously chief financial officer for insurance products and senior vice president of audit. He began his career at Ernst & Young.
Zabel will report to Richard McKenney, executive vice president and Chief Financial Officer.“Steve is a highly experienced insurance finance leader with a combination of audit, corporate finance and operating experience, and I’m confident he will not only effectively oversee our risk management strategy but become a vital part of our senior leadership team,” said McKenney. About Unum Group Unum Group is a leading provider of financial protection benefits in the United States and the United Kingdom. Unum’s portfolio includes disability, life, accident and critical illness coverage, which help protect millions of working people and their families in the event of an illness or injury. The company reported revenues of $10.5 billion in 2012, and its subsidiaries – Unum US, Colonial Life and Unum UK – provided $6.3 billion in benefits last year. For more information, visit us at www.unum.com or connect with us at www.facebook.com/unumbenefits, www.twitter.com/unumnews and www.linkedin.com/company/unum.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV