Trade-Ideas: America Movil S.A.B. De C.V (AMX) Is Today's "Barbarian At The Gate" Stock
- AMX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $153.8 million.
- AMX has traded 6.1 million shares today.
- AMX traded in a range 209.4% of the normal price range with a price range of $0.89.
- AMX traded above its daily resistance level (quality: 24 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 24 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Barbarian at the Gate' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying positive price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, 'resistance' while at the same time the range of the stock s movement in price is more than twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves higher. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in AMX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for AMX NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on AMX: America Movil, S.A.B. de C.V. provides telecommunications services in the United States, Latin America, and the Caribbean. It offers mobile and fixed voice services, including airtime, local, long-distance services, public telephony services, and network interconnection services. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.5%. AMX has a PE ratio of 11.8. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate America Movil S.A.B. de C.V a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for America Movil S.A.B. de C.V has been 6.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. America Movil S.A.B. de C.V has a market cap of $80.7 billion and is part of the technology sector and telecommunications industry. Shares are down 8% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates America Movil S.A.B. de C.V as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including unimpressive growth in net income, generally higher debt management risk and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- AMX's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 1.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 4.3%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. Compared to other companies in the Wireless Telecommunication Services industry and the overall market, AMERICA MOVIL SA DE CV's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- AMERICA MOVIL SA DE CV's earnings per share declined by 12.1% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, AMERICA MOVIL SA DE CV increased its bottom line by earning $1.85 versus $1.51 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.94 versus $1.85).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Wireless Telecommunication Services industry. The net income has decreased by 14.1% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from $2,539.30 million to $2,181.87 million.
- Currently the debt-to-equity ratio of 1.69 is quite high overall and when compared to the industry average, suggesting that the current management of debt levels should be re-evaluated. To add to this, AMX has a quick ratio of 0.59, this demonstrates the lack of ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- You can view the full America Movil S.A.B. de C.V Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV