Technip Awarded Two Flexible Pipe Supply Contracts For The Egina Field In Nigeria
Regulatory News :
Technip (Paris:TEC) (ISIN:FR0000131708) (ADR:TKPPY) was awarded two contracts, worth a substantial (1) total value, to supply flexible pipes for the Egina field operated by Total Upstream Nigeria Ltd, offshore Nigeria.
These contracts cover the qualification and supply of:
- 12 dynamic flexible jumpers (2) from 3.5" to 12.5" for oil production, gas lift, water injection and gas export, to connect the single top tension risers (3) to the floating production storage and offloading unit (FPSO),
- two 20.5” unbonded flexible pipes as oil offloading lines (OOL) connecting the FPSO to the offloading buoy,
- associated ancillary equipment.
Flexi France, the Group’s facility in Le Trait, will manufacture the flexible pipes which are scheduled to be delivered in 2015 for the jumpers and in 2016 for the OOL.Jean-François Niel, Technip’s Vice President Manufacturing, declared: “ These contracts cover complex dynamic applications and include the largest flexible pipes manufactured to date by Technip, confirming our leading position for the supply of high-specification and large-diameter flexible pipes.” As announced on July 4, Technip’s wholly-owned subsidiary, DUCO Ltd, was also awarded an important contract by Upstream Nigeria Ltd to supply umbilicals (4) for the same project. These awards reinforce our long-term industrial footprint in West Africa and our presence in the Nigerian buoyant subsea market, where we have been active for more than 30 years. ____ (1) For Technip, a “substantial” subsea contract is ranging from €100 to €250 million. (2) Jumper: a short section of pipe for the connection of two subsea structures. (3) Riser: a pipe or assembly of pipes used to transfer produced fluids from the seabed to the surface facilities or to transfer injection fluids, control fluids or lift gas from the surface facilities and the seabed. (4) Umbilical: an assembly of steel tubes and/or hydraulic hoses which can also include electrical cables or optic fibres used to control subsea structures from a platform or a vessel. °
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts