Republic Airways Holdings Inc. (NASDAQ: RJET) today reported diluted earnings per share of $0.46, which is a 15.0% increase from the $0.40 per diluted share result in the second quarter of 2012. Net income increased 23.0% to $24.6 million for the quarter ended June 30, 2013, compared to net income of $20.0 million for the same period last year. Operating revenues totaled $664.4 million, a decrease of 8.7%, compared to $728.1 million for the second quarter of 2012.
"We are pleased to report improved financial results for the second quarter, driven primarily by the year over year improvement in our small regional jet operations at Chautauqua," said Republic Chairman, President and CEO Bryan Bedford. "Our process to sell Frontier continues and I am very pleased that we were able to reach tentative labor agreements with both our Flight Dispatchers and Flight Attendants, which remain subject to membership ratification. I am thankful for the continued professionalism and dedication of my 10,000 co-workers on behalf of our passengers."
The Company reported the following key metrics for the three and six months ended June 30:
|Three Months ended June 30,||Six Months ended June 30,|
|(Unaudited)||2013||2012||% Increase / (Decrease)||2013||2012||% Increase / (Decrease)|
|(in millions, except as noted)|
|Available seat miles (ASMs)||6,072||6,391||(5.0||)%||11,862||12,762||(7.1||)%|
|Diluted earnings per share (dollars)||$||0.46||$||0.40||15.0||%||$||0.48||$||0.27||77.8||%|
Republic Segment SummaryRepublic's pre-tax income improved 45.8% to $27.7 million from $19.0 million in the prior year's second quarter, due mainly to the redeployment of idled 50-seat aircraft and the successful completion of our Chautauqua restructuring efforts in late 2012.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV