Why You Can Get (Nearly) Anything by Subscription Now
"Each month, the club features a small family winery from California. This winery will probably only produce 5,000 to 10,000 cases each year, and with the majority of its wine being sold only in the area in which it's produced, our customers will almost certainly not have seen it before," Boring says.
Although Boring will be the first to tell you that this "trend" of subscription products is nothing new, he says the industry still has room for growth as long as the quality of the products stays high.
At $38.95 per month plus $13 for shipping and handling costs, membership in The California Wine Club isn't cheap, but Boring says that his 15,000 customers are busy people that simply don't have time to spend in stores selecting a wine, then lugging bottles back home.
"No question there is a time savings, and the convenience factor is what we hear the most from our customers when they call," Boring says.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV