Trade-Ideas: Gilead (GILD) Is Today's Post-Market Leader Stock
- GILD has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $661.2 million.
- GILD is up 2.1% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in GILD with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for GILD NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on GILD: Gilead Sciences, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, discovers, develops, and commercializes human therapeutics for the treatment of life threatening diseases in North America, Europe, and Asia. GILD has a PE ratio of 33.0. Currently there are 18 analysts that rate Gilead a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Gilead has been 11.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Gilead has a market cap of $90.2 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 0.74 and a short float of 4.2% with 5.85 days to cover. Shares are up 61% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Gilead as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, revenue growth, solid stock price performance, reasonable valuation levels and good cash flow from operations. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Biotechnology industry. The net income increased by 63.4% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $441.96 million to $722.19 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 12.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 10.9%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 50.87% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 119.07% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, GILD should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $672.10 million or 48.37% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 20.65%.
- You can view the full Gilead Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts