Dolby Laboratories, Inc. (NYSE:DLB) today announced the Company’s financial results for the third quarter of fiscal year 2013. For the third quarter, Dolby reported total revenue of $207.1 million, compared to $210.3 million for the third quarter of fiscal year 2012.
Third quarter GAAP net income was $30.2 million, or $0.29 per diluted share, compared to $51.5 million, or $0.48 per diluted share, for the third quarter of fiscal 2012. On a non-GAAP basis, third quarter net income was $48.5 million, or $0.47 per diluted share, compared to $60.8 million, or $0.57 per diluted share, for the third quarter of fiscal 2012. Dolby’s non-GAAP measures are described and reconciled to the corresponding GAAP measures at the end of this release.
“Licensing revenue increased year over year, with growth in our mobile and broadcast businesses offsetting weaker demand for PCs and consumer electronics this quarter,” said Kevin Yeaman, President and CEO, Dolby Laboratories. “While the current consumer-spending environment is weak, we continue to make solid progress on our long-term growth initiatives.”
Financial OutlookQ4 2013 Dolby anticipates total revenue for the fourth quarter (Q4) of fiscal year 2013 to range from $205 million to $215 million. Gross margin percentages are projected to be approximately 90% on a GAAP basis and 91% on a non-GAAP basis. Dolby anticipates that operating expenses will be approximately $142 million on a GAAP basis and $124 million on a non-GAAP basis. Dolby expects diluted earnings per share to be between $0.30 and $0.36 on a GAAP basis and between $0.45 and $0.51 on a non-GAAP basis. The Company estimates that its fiscal Q4 2013 effective tax rate will range from 27% to 28% on both a GAAP and non-GAAP basis. FISCAL YEAR 2013 Dolby now anticipates that total revenue for fiscal year 2013 will range from $900 million to $910 million.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV