GAAP and adjusted diluted EPS for the second quarter of 2013 were $0.39 and $0.56, respectively, compared to $0.16 and $0.43, respectively, for the second quarter of 2012. Refer to Table B at the end of this release for a reconciliation of GAAP net income and EPS to adjusted net income and EPS, and the “Use of Non-GAAP Financial Information” section below.
Cash flow from operating activities for the second quarter of 2013 was a usage of $1.0 million compared to a positive cash flow of $24.0 million in the 2012 period. This decrease was primarily due to an increase in accounts receivable and inventory during the quarter, due to higher actual and projected sales levels, as well as an $11.5 million estimated tax payment made in connection with the retirement of $198 million of convertible subordinated notes in the first quarter of 2013. Excluding this tax payment, cash flow from operations would have been a positive $10.5 million for the second quarter of 2013.
|Product Line Sales|
|The following table summarizes the Company’s sales by major product lines (dollars in thousands):|
|Three Months Ended|
|June 28,||June 29,||%||March 29,||%|
|Total Implantable Medical||128,604||125,366||3%||111,414||15%|
Cardiac and neuromodulation sales for the second quarter of 2013 increased 5% compared to the prior year to $84.0 million. This increase was driven by stronger market performance and continued deepening relations with OEM partners. Cardiac and Neuromodulation revenues for the first half of 2013 were consistent with the respective 2012 period. We continue to see an increased pace of product development opportunities from our cardiac customers. We believe that these opportunities, combined with our increased sales and marketing resources, will allow the Company to continue to grow this product line faster than the underlying market.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV