Greatbatch, Inc. (NYSE: GB), today announced results for its second quarter ended June 28, 2013 highlighted by 6% constant currency organic revenue growth, 19% improvement in adjusted operating income and 30% improvement in adjusted diluted EPS over the prior year. Additionally, the Company raised its full year adjusted diluted EPS guidance to $2.05 - $2.15 per share.
|Three Months Ended|
|(Dollars in thousands, except per share data)||June 28,||June 29,||%||March 29,||%|
|Constant Currency Organic Sales Growth||6%||1%||-4%|
|GAAP Operating Income||$||17,135||$||11,091||54%||$||14,339||19%|
|GAAP Operating Income as % of Sales||10.0%||6.7%||9.7%|
|Adjusted Operating Income*||$||22,192||$||18,589||19%||$||19,311||15%|
|Adjusted Operating Income as % of Sales||13.0%||11.2%||13.0%|
|GAAP Diluted EPS||$||0.39||$||0.16||144%||$||0.23||70%|
|Adjusted Diluted EPS*||$||0.56||$||0.43||30%||$||0.44||27%|
|Adjusted EBITDA as a % Sales||18.3%||17.1%||18.9%|
|* Refer to Tables A, B and C at the end of this release for a reconciliation of GAAP to adjusted amounts.|
- Sales increased 3% over the second quarter of 2012 to a record $171.3 million, including 6% constant currency organic growth.
- Cardiac/neuromodulation revenue increased 5% driven by stronger market performance and continued deepening relations with OEM partners.
- Orthopaedic revenue decreased 2% over the prior year but grew organically by 14% due to implant market share gains and new customer wins, after adjusting for the divestiture of certain non-core product lines in Switzerland at the beginning of 2013.
- Portable medical revenues increased 9% for the quarter reflecting the ongoing impact of products introduced in 2012.
- GAAP Operating Income of $17.1 million increased $6.0 million or 54% in the quarter.
- Gross margins improved 220 basis points to 33.4% driven by plant productivity, the completion of the Swiss orthopaedic facility consolidation and mix of product sales.
- Total operating expenses declined $0.7 million or 2% as a result of lower other operating expenses reflecting lower consolidation and optimization charges, partially offset by higher selling, general and administrative spend because of continued investment in our sales and marketing capabilities.
- Adjusted Operating Income improved 19% to $22.2 million.
- Gross profit improvement and operational efficiencies flowed through to adjusted operating income.
“We are very pleased with our performance in the second quarter, which reflected 6% constant currency organic revenue growth and a 30% increase in adjusted diluted earnings per share,” stated Thomas J. Hook, President and CEO, Greatbatch, Inc. “Additionally, during the quarter we took steps to realign our operating structure in order to further facilitate our growth strategy.”
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts