NORTH HOLLYWOOD, Calif., July 25, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- IPC The Hospitalist Company, Inc. (Nasdaq:IPCM), a leading national hospitalist physician group practice, today announced financial results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2013. All operating results referred to as "adjusted" exclude the change in fair market value of contingent consideration ("net change in fair value"). See "Reconciliation of Non-GAAP Financial Measures" below for explanations of these non-GAAP financial measures and reconciliation to GAAP financial measures.
Second Quarter 2013 Highlights (comparisons are to second quarter 2012):
- Net revenue increased 14% to $145.8 million.
- Patient encounters increased to 1,513,000, a 13% increase.
- Adjusted income from operations increased 13% to $14.8 million. GAAP income from operations increased 59% to $20.0 million.
- Adjusted net income increased 12% to $9.1 million, or $0.53 adjusted diluted earnings per share. GAAP net income increased 57% to $12.3 million, or $0.71 diluted earnings per share.
Six Months Ended June 30, 2013 Highlights (comparisons are to six months ended June 30, 2012):
- Net revenue increased 16% to $298.8 million.
- Patient encounters increased to an all-time high of 3,089,000, a 14% increase.
- Adjusted income from operations increased 15% to $30.8 million. GAAP income from operations increased 41% to $37.2 million.
- Adjusted net income increased 13% to $18.9 million, or $1.10 adjusted diluted earnings per share. GAAP net income increased 40% to $22.8 million, or $1.33 diluted earnings per share.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts