But a lot of changes needed to happen first.
New restaurants will be smaller, with contemporary design and a more inviting atmosphere, yet have hints of Bennigan's nostalgia. The revamped menu carries both old favorites like the Turkey O'Toole and newer selections that Mangiamele hopes will entice both once-established customers and the younger generation.
Mangiamele, a 30-year franchising industry veteran, has concepts like Salsarita's Fresh Cantina, Dalts Classic American Grill, Carlson Companies (franchisor of Radisson Hotels, Country Inns and Suites, and T.G.I. Friday's) and Sports Clips on his resume.
He's also looking at alternative locations, such as universities and airports, to open Bennigan's On the Fly, a nod to the fast-casual establishments that have taken consumers by storm. Mangiamele says the fast-casual concepts will increase brand awareness and increase points of distribution, where full-sized restaurants won't fit. Currently there is just one opened, but roughly 10 slotted for development over the next 24 months, he says."There is a pride factor of our heritage
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV