Sonus Networks, Inc. (NASDAQ: SONS), a global leader in SIP communications, today announced it has partnered with F5 Networks (NASDAQ: FFIV), the industry’s leader in Diameter signaling technology, to deliver integrated solutions designed to simplify the way Service Providers deliver differentiated mobile UC and multi-media experiences across blended network environments.
Operators are constructing 4G networks based on LTE and IMS technologies in support of the growing number of smartphones and devices that require ‘always on’ accessibility to mobile broadband and applications. The combination of capabilities from the Sonus SIP-based Session Border Controller (SBC) and the Diameter-based F5® Traffix™ Signaling Delivery Controller™ (SDC™) enables the delivery of these services in a scalable, billable, secure manner across networks. Service delivery and metering can now transcend network and operator boundaries, and go across network types such as LTE-to-3G. Additionally, operators are able to retain their existing 3G assets, while adding LTE and IMS elements to offer faster and better quality mobile broadband services.
The joint solution will enable growth for Service Providers through the deployment and maintenance of high performance LTE networks and while providing the seamless roaming required in the use of broadband mobile networks and smart devices:
- “Smartphone shipments are expected to grow 32.7% year over year in 2013 reaching 958.8 million units, up from 722.5 million units last year.” (Source: IDC press release, June 4, 2013)
- 72% of enterprises support tablets for business use “driven by the ubiquitous access and increased speeds of 3G and long-term evolution (LTE)/4G.” (Source: Nemertes Research Benchmark, The Business Case for Tablets, December 2012)
- LTE revenue was $2.7 billion in 1Q’13, an increase of 21% quarter-over-quarter and 108% year-over-year according to Infonetics Research. (Source: 2G, 3G, 4G Mobile Infrastructure & Subscribers Market Share & Forecasts, Infonetics, June 2013)
- In line with the deployment of mobile services such as VoLTE, Infonetics Research found that the top driver of growth in use of Service Providers SBCs is to locate them at the access edge of mobile networks. (Source: SBC Deployment Strategies: Global Service Provider Survey, Infonetics, October 2012)
Quotes:“When combining the advanced, robust solutions of F5 Networks and Sonus, operators can remain confident in delivering LTE roaming and VoLTE services that will satisfy customers and generate revenue,” said Mallik Tatipamula, vice president of Service Provider Solutions, F5. “We view addressing the requirements to deliver these services as a natural blend of our two product areas. Looking forward we envision other innovative joint scenarios, such as supporting operators to benefit from offering premium OTT services with our SDC gateway to enable real-time billing and charging. Through our partnership with Sonus, customers will benefit from working with the experts in SBCs and Diameter signaling control.”
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts