- A 19 percent reduction in water use since 2007 in the company's Cellulose Fibers business.
- A 28 percent reduction in greenhouse gas emissions since 2000, demonstrating solid progress toward the company's 2020 goal of a 40 percent reduction.
- A 9 percent reduction in solid waste sent to landfills since 2010, which nearly meets the company's 2020 goal of a 10 percent reduction.
- An average Home Energy Rating System score of 70 for the company's homebuilding businesses, indicating its homes are generally 30 percent more energy efficient than the HERS reference home.
- More than 50 percent total shareholder return for the year.
- A new Eco+ Innovation program, which tracks revenue and investments that show significant improvement in Weyerhaeuser's environmental performance or that enable substitution of renewable energy and materials for nonrenewables.
- Continued safety excellence, with a recordable incident rate of less than one.
- A new Leadership Development Framework designed to strengthen the company's leadership pipeline and bench.
- A $4 million investment of cash donations, in-kind giving and employee time spent in support of Weyerhaeuser's operating communities.
- The launch of a successful Employee Volunteer of the Quarter program that celebrates Weyerhaeuser employees who make a significant impact in their communities through volunteerism.
Weyerhaeuser Shares Progress Toward 2020 Sustainability Goals
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts