Cut Energy Costs by Creating a 'Smart' House
By Ellen Chang
NEW YORK (MainStreet) -- Finding ways to reduce the amount of energy used in your home is now even easier with the push of a button by accessing your apps.
Consumers now have many options to chose from so they can lower both their electricity bill and energy usage without having to spend hours installing a new product. Many products now are Wi-Fi enabled so you can access your devices even when you are at work.
Lights Out!If you are at work and forgot to turn off your lights, now you can solve your problem by tapping your smartphone. A new light bulb called Robosmart--made by Smartbotics, a Los Gatos, Calif. startup--allows you to turn it on and off simply by using your smartphone, laptop or tablet. The light bulb is embedded with a Bluetooth sensor and works with an app compatible with Apple's iOS platform. By August, Android users will also be able to utilize the device.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV