Home Properties (NYSE: HME) shares currently have a dividend yield of 4.20%. Home Properties, Inc. is an independent real estate investment trust. The firm invests in the real estate markets of the United States. It is engaged in the ownership, management, acquisition, rehabilitation and development of residential apartment communities. The company has a P/E ratio of 46.99. The average volume for Home Properties has been 534,200 shares per day over the past 30 days. Home Properties has a market cap of $3.8 billion and is part of the real estate industry. Shares are up 8.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Home Properties as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its compelling growth in net income, revenue growth and reasonable valuation levels. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company's profit margins have been poor overall. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry. The net income increased by 237.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $15.39 million to $51.88 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 12.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 9.0%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- HOME PROPERTIES INC has improved earnings per share by 28.6% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. However, we anticipate underperformance relative to this pattern in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, HOME PROPERTIES INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.30 versus $0.81 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 6.9% in earnings ($1.21 versus $1.30).
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry and the overall market, HOME PROPERTIES INC's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for HOME PROPERTIES INC is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 31.82%. Regardless of HME's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, HME's net profit margin of 31.05% compares favorably to the industry average.
- You can view the full Home Properties Ratings Report.
- Our dividend calendar.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts