Redwood (NYSE: RWT) shares currently have a dividend yield of 6.70%. Redwood Trust, Inc. engages in investing, financing, and managing real estate-related assets. The company has a P/E ratio of 8.77. The average volume for Redwood has been 1,236,200 shares per day over the past 30 days. Redwood has a market cap of $1.4 billion and is part of the real estate industry. Shares are down 0.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Redwood as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth and compelling growth in net income. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that we feel that the company's cash flow from its operations has been weak overall. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 86.48% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 31.76% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock despite its gains in the past year.
- REDWOOD TRUST INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. This trend suggests that the performance of the business is improving. During the past fiscal year, REDWOOD TRUST INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.59 versus $0.31 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.60 versus $1.59).
- The gross profit margin for REDWOOD TRUST INC is rather high; currently it is at 59.58%. Despite the high profit margin, it has decreased significantly from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, RWT's net profit margin of 113.23% significantly outperformed against the industry.
- RWT, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 12.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 8.9%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to -$287.03 million or 22.83% when compared to the same quarter last year. In conjunction, when comparing current results to the industry average, REDWOOD TRUST INC has marginally lower results.
- You can view the full Redwood Ratings Report.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts