Ginni Rometty is currently the chairman and CEO of IBM (IBM), the first female CEO in IBM's history. Rometty has put in her time at the software and services giant, having spent over 30 years working up the corporate ladder.
Prior to taking the top spot, Rometty was IBM's Senior Vice President and Group Executive for Sales, Marketing, and Strategy. In previous roles, she was successful at integrating the acquisition of PricewaterhouseCoopers consulting. Rometty has been heavily involved with expanding IBM throughout the world, establishing IBM's Growth Markets organization. In addition to her work at IBM, she currently serves on the Council on Foreign Relations, the Board of Trustees at Northwestern University, and the Board at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center.
Rometty earned her bachelors degree from Northwestern University, graduating with high honors in computer science and electrical engineering. Showing early signs of leadership potential, Rometty was also the president of her Kappa Kappa Gamma sorority chapter.--Written by Katie Roof in New York--
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV