Tim Seymour said that rates failed to break 2.45% on the downside and that would need to happen before we saw 2%. He said the Fed had horrible communication in June and has put a lot of pressure on the markets for this meeting.
The Nikkei was down 3% in the overnight session on news of higher-than-expected inflation results. Brown said that if traders have missed the upside move in Japan, the WisdomTree Japan Hedged Equity ETF (DXJ) is a buy on the pullback.
Seymour added he is a buyer of Japan and that it could outperform the S&P 500 over the next nine months.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV