ATLANTA, July 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Innotrac Corporation (NASDAQ: INOC), a best-of-breed commerce provider integrating digital technology, fulfillment, and contact center solutions to support global brands, today announced the release of its latest SmartHub® eCommerce benchmarking analysis. The 2013 July report evaluates omnichannel retailing and the data around omnichannel activities of leading retailers.
SmartHub®, Innotrac's proprietary benchmarking tool, provides clients and strategic partners with intelligence and analysis of the online retail purchase cycle. The studies evaluate over 225 leading merchants across 81 data points, tracking the entire eCommerce experience from ordering, to shipping, packaging, customer service, and returns. The current release includes results of cross channel activities from studies conducted between October 2012 and June 2013.
"Omnichannel is the big buzz right now, so we wanted to find out what the data shows," said Melissa O'Keefe, Sr. Director of eCommerce and Marketing at Innotrac. "Not surprisingly, consumer demands are driving more retailers to create omnichannel solutions. This study revealed that retailers have a ways to go in some of the most critical areas, like leveraging inventory across channels and shipping orders from stores that mirror the brand experience delivered when shipping from a distribution center. The next couple of years will definitely be interesting to watch as the omnichannel evolution continues."
The current benchmarking study reports on retailer activities in the categories of mobile shopping; in store pickup; returning to a retail store; leveraging inventory; ship from store; customer service and packaging. Among the findings:
- The omnichannel process that has been most widely adopted by retailers, offered by 77% of retailers in the study, is the ability to purchase product online and return it to a retail location.
- Only 24% of webstores are able to show in store inventories to consumers with a little over half of customer service agents able to answer questions about local inventory.
- Of the 225 merchants sampled, 81% provided mobile optimized shopping sites, while only 39% had a mobile app.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts