RADNOR, Pa., July 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Lincoln Financial Group (NYSE:LNC) announced today that, in partnership with the Indiana State Museum and Historic Sites, it has facilitated the loan of a signed copy of the Emancipation Proclamation to the National Constitution Center in Philadelphia. Issued by President Abraham Lincoln on January 1, 1863, the Proclamation declared that slaves in rebellious states were "then, thenceforward, and forever free." Only 25 of the original 48 printed copies of this edition signed by President Lincoln remain in existence today.
"With this year marking the 150 th anniversary of the Emancipation Proclamation, we saw an incredible opportunity to publicly recognize the inspirational legacy of our namesake, President Abraham Lincoln," said Nancy Rogers, president of the Lincoln Financial Foundation, the philanthropic arm of Lincoln Financial Group. "Our goal is to educate children and adults on the historical relevance of President Lincoln, as well as the continued importance of freedom and opportunity to America's future."
The signed copy of the document will be on public display at the National Constitution Center from July 25 until September 22."There are very few documents in American history that have had a more profound impact on the U.S. Constitution and 'We the People' than the Emancipation Proclamation," said National Constitution Center President and CEO Jeffrey Rosen. "We are honored to have been selected by our friends at Lincoln Financial as the museum to display this historic treasure and salute them in their mission to educate future generations on one of our nation's great leaders." This particular copy of the Emancipation is known as the Leland-Boker Authorized Edition.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV