GOLETA, Calif., July 25, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Community West Bancshares (Community West or the Company), (Nasdaq:CWBC), parent company of Community West Bank (Bank), today reported net income increased to $2.1 million in the second quarter of 2013 (2Q13) compared to $1.1 million in the first quarter of 2013 (1Q13) and a net loss of $591,000 in the second quarter a year ago (2Q12). In the first six months of the year, Community West earned $3.2 million compared to $228,000 in the first six months of 2012.
"We were profitable for the fourth consecutive quarter and have made progress with operating efficiencies while keeping a strong net interest margin," stated Martin E. Plourd, President and Chief Executive Officer. "Credit quality metrics have stabilized, with total nonaccrual loans at just over half the levels that they were as of March 31, 2012, and our capital ratios continue to strengthen. As we look forward, we continue to focus on growing the Bank operations and increasing our lending outreach in the communities we serve."
2Q13 Financial Highlights
- Net income of $2.1 million.
- Earnings of $0.23 per diluted share.
- Net interest margin continued to be strong and was 4.81% in 2Q13, compared to 4.78% in both 1Q13 and 2Q12.
- Nonaccrual loans were $20.7 million at June 30, 2013, compared to $19.7 million at March 31, 2013 and $32.8 million at June 30, 2012.
- Net real estate owned (REO) and repossessed assets, after subtracting the USDA/SBA guarantees, totaled $1.5 million at June 30, 2013, compared to $1.9 million at March 31, 2013 and $2.1 million at June 30, 2012.
- The total allowance for loan losses equaled 3.14% of total loans held for investment at June 30, 2013, compared to 3.54% at March 31, 2013 and 3.59% a year ago.
- Community West Bank's capital ratios continue to strengthen - Total risk-based capital ratio was 16.10% and Tier 1 leverage ratio was 11.65% at June 30, 2013, an increase compared to a Total risk-based capital ratio of 15.63% and Tier 1 leverage ratio of 11.34% at March 31, 2013. The Bank's regulatory agreement requires that ratios of 12% and 9%, respectively, be maintained.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV