Life Time Fitness, Inc. (NYSE: LTM), The Healthy Way of Life Company, today reported its financial results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2013.
Second quarter 2013 revenue grew 6.9% to $308.1 million from $288.3 million during the same period last year. Total revenue for the first six months of 2013 grew 7.6% to $598.9 million from $556.8 million during the same period last year.
Net income for the quarter was $33.2 million, or $0.80 per diluted share, compared to net income of $30.3 million, or $0.73 per diluted share, for 2Q 2012. Net income for the first six months of 2013 was $61.3 million, or $1.47 per diluted share, compared to net income of $56.0 million, or $1.34 per diluted share for the prior-year period.
“Our unrelenting focus on the member experience continues to differentiate the high quality of our centers and programs, and emphasizes our strong business model,” said Bahram Akradi, chairman, president and chief executive officer. “As our company has evolved so has the precision with which we operate our centers and serve our members. This has allowed us to deliver strong business results and created a solid platform for future growth through new center expansion and our portfolio of healthy way of life programs and services delivered both inside and outside of our destinations.”During the quarter, the Company opened its first center in Alabama, located in Vestavia Hills (Birmingham market). Two additional centers are planned for opening in 2013, including Reston, Virginia (Washington D.C. market), in September, and Montvale, New Jersey (Greater New York area market), in November. These represent the Company’s fourth and third centers in Virginia and New Jersey, respectively. In 2014, plans call for six new center openings, led by locations in Harrison, New York (Greater New York area market) and Laguna Niguel, California (Orange County market) during the first quarter.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV