Trade-Ideas: General Motors (GM) Is Today's Pre-Market Leader Stock
- GM has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $449.3 million.
- GM traded 68,550 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 7:48 AM.
- GM is up 2.3% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in GM with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for GM NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on GM: General Motors Company (GM) designs, manufactures, and markets cars, crossovers, trucks, and automobile parts worldwide. GM has a PE ratio of 12.7. Currently there are 12 analysts that rate General Motors a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for General Motors has been 14.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. General has a market cap of $50.5 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and automotive industry. The stock has a beta of 1.70 and a short float of 8.3% with 6.99 days to cover. Shares are up 27.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates General Motors as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, attractive valuation levels, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, GM's share price has jumped by 83.55%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, GM should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.49, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Although the company had a strong debt-to-equity ratio, its quick ratio of 0.79 is somewhat weak and could be cause for future problems.
- Despite the weak revenue results, GM has outperformed against the industry average of 16.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 2.3%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- GENERAL MOTORS CO' earnings per share from the most recent quarter came in slightly below the year earlier quarter. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past two years. However, we anticipate this trend to reverse over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, GENERAL MOTORS CO reported lower earnings of $2.93 versus $4.62 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.32 versus $2.93).
- You can view the full General Motors Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.