Trade-Ideas: Boston Scientific (BSX) Is Today's Pre-Market Leader Stock
- BSX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $154.1 million.
- BSX traded 40,900 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 7:35 AM.
- BSX is up 6.1% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in BSX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for BSX NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on BSX: Boston Scientific Corporation develops, manufactures, and markets medical devices used in various interventional medical specialties worldwide. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Boston Scientific a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 13 rate it a hold. The average volume for Boston Scientific has been 18.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Boston Scientific has a market cap of $13.5 billion and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.28 and a short float of 2.9% with 2.88 days to cover. Shares are up 74.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Boston Scientific as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity, weak operating cash flow and feeble growth in its earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Health Care Equipment & Supplies industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 413.3% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $113.00 million to -$354.00 million.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Health Care Equipment & Supplies industry and the overall market, BOSTON SCIENTIFIC CORP's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $163.00 million or 23.11% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite a decrease in cash flow BOSTON SCIENTIFIC CORP is still fairing well by exceeding its industry average cash flow growth rate of -52.06%.
- BOSTON SCIENTIFIC CORP has exprienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past two years. However, the consensus estimate suggests that this trend should reverse in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, BOSTON SCIENTIFIC CORP swung to a loss, reporting -$2.87 versus $0.29 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.41 versus -$2.87).
- BSX's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.65 is somewhat low overall, but it is high when compared to the industry average, implying that the management of the debt levels should be evaluated further. Regardless of the somewhat mixed results with the debt-to-equity ratio, the company's quick ratio of 0.92 is weak.
- You can view the full Boston Scientific Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.