McLEAN, Va., July 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) today announced that it has priced its offering of senior notes due 2020 (the "2020 Notes") previously announced yesterday.
The face value of the 2020 Notes is $600 million, with an interest rate of 5.125%. The 2020 Notes were priced at 98.566% of face value. Subject to certain exceptions, the 2020 Notes may not be redeemed by the Company prior to July 15, 2016.
The 2020 Notes are being made available in a private offering that is exempt from the registration requirements of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended (the "Securities Act"), with closing expected to occur on July 29, 2013, subject to customary closing conditions.
The Company intends to use the net proceeds from the offering to repay borrowings outstanding under its revolving credit facilities. Any remaining proceeds may be used to repay the Company's outstanding unsecured notes and/or for general corporate purposes.The 2020 Notes are being offered only to "qualified institutional buyers" as defined in Rule 144A under the Securities Act and outside the United States in reliance on Regulation S under the Securities Act. The 2020 Notes have not been and will not be registered under the Securities Act or any state securities laws and may not be offered or sold in the United States absent registration except pursuant to an applicable exemption from the registration requirements of the Securities Act and applicable state securities laws. There can be no assurance that the 2020 Notes offering will close on the terms described herein or at all. This press release does not constitute an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy the 2020 Notes or any other securities.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV