~ First Quarter Sales Up 21.9% to $206.2 Million ~ ~ First Quarter Net Income Up 16.6% to $13.6 Million; EPS of $0.42 ~ ~ Signs Definitive Agreement for Acquisition of 10 Stores and $18 Million of Annualized Sales ~ ~ Revises Estimated Fiscal 2014 EPS Range to $1.58 to $1.70 ~
ROCHESTER, N.Y., July 25, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Monro Muffler Brake, Inc. (Nasdaq:MNRO), a leading provider of automotive undercar repair and tire services, today announced financial results for its first quarter ended June 29, 2013.
First Quarter ResultsSales for the first quarter of fiscal 2014 increased 21.9% to $206.2 million as compared to $169.2 million for the first quarter of fiscal 2013. The total sales increase for the first quarter of $37.0 million was due to an increase in sales from new stores, including recently acquired stores of $36.0 million, and a comparable store sales increase of 1.2%. Comparable store sales increased approximately 3% for alignments and 1% for maintenance services and tires, and were flat for exhaust, front end/shocks and brakes. Gross margin decreased to 38.3% in the first quarter from 40.3% in the prior year quarter, largely due to a sales mix shift to the lower margin tire category related primarily to recently acquired stores. These declines were offset, in part, by lower labor, distribution and occupancy costs as a percentage of sales. Total operating expenses were $55.8 million, or 27.1% of sales, as compared with $48.4 million, or 28.6% of sales, for the same period of the prior year. Operating income for the quarter increased 17.4% to $23.1 million from $19.7 million in the first quarter of fiscal 2013. Interest expense was $1.8 million as compared to $1.3 million in the first quarter of fiscal 2013.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV