Other Financial Highlights
- Earlier this month, we agreed in principle with the pricing committee of the Italian National Medicines Agency to settle all prior year claims related to an ongoing pricing dispute. As a result, the Company recorded a reduction to TYSABRI revenues outside the U.S. of approximately $20 million for a portion of this settlement. The remaining portion of the settlement is expected to be recorded as an increase to TYSABRI revenue upon approval of the settlement by the Italian authorities.
- Revenues for FAMPYRA ® and FUMADERM™ totaled $33 million in the second quarter of 2013, compared to $34 million in the second quarter of 2012.
- Royalties were $38 million in the second quarter of 2013, compared to $37 million in the second quarter of 2012.
- Corporate partner revenues in the second quarter of 2013 were $11 million, compared to $22 million in the second quarter of 2012.
- As of June 30, 2013, Biogen Idec had Cash, Cash Equivalents and Marketable Securities totaling $775 million.
2013 Financial Guidance
Biogen Idec increased its full year 2013 financial guidance. This guidance consists of the following components:
- Revenue growth is expected to be approximately 22% to 23%.
- Cost of Sales is expected to be approximately 13% to 14% of total revenue.
- R&D expense is expected to be approximately 21% to 23% of total revenue.
- R&D expense includes up to $75 million earmarked for potential new business development deals and assumes up to $35 million in anticipated upfront and milestone payments over the balance of the year.
- SG&A expense is expected to be approximately 24% to 26% of total revenue.
- Tax expense is expected to be approximately 22% to 24% of pretax income.
- Non-GAAP diluted EPS is expected to be between $8.25 and $8.50.
- GAAP diluted EPS is expected to be between $7.28 and $7.53.
- Capital expenditures are expected to be in the range of $250 to $270 million.
Biogen Idec may incur charges, realize gains or experience other events in 2013 that could cause actual results to vary from this guidance.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV