- AVONEX ® revenues increased 2% year-over-year to $774 million. The total was comprised of $479 million in U.S. sales and $295 million in sales outside the U.S.
- TYSABRI ® (natalizumab) revenues for the Company increased 38% year-over-year to $387 million primarily due to our acquisition of Elan’s rights in TYSABRI as Biogen Idec started booking 100% of TYSABRI revenues. Global in-market sales of TYSABRI in the second quarter of 2013 were $387 million, a decrease of 2% over the second quarter of 2012, when compared to TYSABRI global in-market sales in the second quarter of 2012. The total was comprised of $218 million in U.S. sales and $169 million in sales outside the U.S.
- TECFIDERA revenues were $192 million during the second quarter. This revenue includes both patient demand and wholesalers and specialty pharmacy inventory in anticipation of patient demand. We estimate that approximately $82 million of TECFIDERA revenues in the second quarter represent inventory in the channel while revenue generated from underlying patient demand was approximately $110 million.
- RITUXAN ® (rituximab) revenues from our unconsolidated joint business arrangement were $289 million for the quarter, an increase of 1% compared to the second quarter of 2012.
Biogen Idec Delivers Double-Digit Top & Bottom-Line Growth In Second Quarter 2013
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.