- Adjusted diluted earnings per share increased 13.0 percent to $0.61, compared to $0.54 in the second quarter of 2012, in line with management's guidance for the quarter.
- Gross profit as a percent of net sales improved to 19.4 percent compared to 17.8 percent in the second quarter of 2012.
- Facility consolidation charges totaled $20.9 million and the final plant closing was completed in May 2013
- The Clysar thin gauge shrink film plant was sold for a pre-tax gain of $5.9 million and net cash proceeds of $30.4 million.
- Management established adjusted diluted earnings guidance for the third quarter of 2013 in the range of $0.57 to $0.63 per share, and updated total year 2013 earnings guidance to the range of $2.30 to $2.40 per share.
Bemis Company Reports 2013 Second Quarter Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.