- 5.2% Increase in Net Sales
- 86.7% Increase in Net Sales for Remote Staffing Solutions Segment
- 43.8% Increase in Earnings Per Share (Diluted)
SEMINOLE, Fla., July 25, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Superior Uniform Group, Inc. (Nasdaq:SGC), manufacturer of uniforms, career apparel and accessories, today announced that for the second quarter ended June 30, 2013, sales were $30,854,000, compared with 2012 second quarter sales of $29,335,000. Net earnings were $1,438,000 or $0.23 per share (diluted), compared with earnings of $977,000 or $0.16 per share (diluted) in the 2012 second quarter.
For the six months ended June 30, 2013, sales were $61,839,000, compared with sales of $57,843,000 in the six months ended June 30, 2012. Net earnings for the six months ended June 30, 2013 were $2,667,000 or $0.43 per share (diluted), versus earnings of $1,304,000 or $0.21 per share (diluted) in the first six months of 2012.
Michael Benstock, chief executive officer, commented: "We are very pleased to report a 5.2% increase in net sales for the second quarter of this year. We reported gains in net sales in the quarter for both our Uniforms and Related Products segment and our Remote Staffing Solutions segment. We are especially pleased to report an increase of 43.8% in our earnings per share (diluted) from $.16 per share in the second quarter of 2012 to $0.23 per share in 2013. Our gross margins in our Uniforms and Related Products segment have returned to pre-cotton crisis levels at 35.3% in the current-year period as compared to 32.4% in the prior-year period. We expect this trend to continue throughout 2013."We continue to reap the rewards of our significant investments in our staffing and infrastructure in our Remote Staffing Solutions segment over the past year. We are continuing to see accelerated growth in this segment with an increase of 86.7% in net sales of Remote Staffing Solutions in the second quarter of 2013 in comparison with the second quarter of 2012.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV