Cash America International, Inc. (NYSE: CSH) reported today that its net income for the second quarter ended June 30, 2013 was $25,132,000 (81 cents per share), which compares to the second quarter 2012 net income of $29,820,000 (94 cents per share). Earnings per share for the second quarter of 2013 were in line with the Company’s pre-announced earnings issued on July 15, 2013. The reduction in earnings for the second quarter of 2013, when compared to the second quarter of 2012, is primarily attributable to a decline in gross profit on disposition proceeds primarily associated with the commercial sales of refined gold in the Company’s Domestic Retail Services Segment. The second quarter earnings fell short of the Company’s published earnings guidance primarily due to reduced customer demand for the loan products provided through the Company’s Domestic Retail Services Segment, higher expenses for health insurance and personnel costs and additional interest expense associated with the $300 million senior note offering which closed in early May.
Total revenue for the second quarter ended June 30, 2013 was $411.0 million compared to $411.6 million in the second quarter of 2012. Net revenue, which is total revenue less cost of merchandise sold and loan loss provision expense, was up 5% to $244.8 million for the three-month period ended June 30, 2013 compared to the prior year primarily due to growth in the Company’s E-Commerce Segment. The E-Commerce Segment posted higher total revenue levels and lower loan losses as a percentage of revenue leading to a 22% increase in net revenue, which reached $106.0 million for the second quarter ended June 30, 2013 compared to $86.6 million in the same quarter in 2012. The E-Commerce Segment generated income from operations of $36.4 million in the second quarter of 2013, representing an increase of 21% compared to the same period in 2012.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV