BALTIMORE ( Stockpickr) -- "New highs!" continues to be the battle cry in the markets this year, even if U.S. households participating in the rally remains at multi-decade lows. Sure, we may be in the middle of the most hated rally of all time, but that doesn't change the fact that it's a rally.
The millions of retail investors sitting on the sidelines have a tough decision to make: Sit on the sidelines and risk missing out on more upside in stocks this year, or jump in now and risk getting in at the top. It's that psychological barrier that's left lots of investors without exposure to stocks all the way up.
The remedy? Think like a trader. After all, who cares how much the S&P has already rallied in 2013 as long as it keeps rallying until you sell?With the S&P 500 and the Dow Jones Industrial Average each flirting with new all-time high water marks this week, it still makes sense to pay attention to stocks this summer. That's why we're taking a technical look at the big trades setting up in some of Wall Street's biggest names. >>5 Toxic Stocks to Sell Now If you're new to technical analysis, here's the executive summary. Technicals are a study of the market itself. Since the market is ultimately the only mechanism that determines a stock's price, technical analysis is a valuable tool even in the roughest of trading conditions. Technical charts are used every day by proprietary trading floors, Wall Street's biggest financial firms, and individual investors to get an edge on the market. And research shows that skilled technical traders can bank gains as much as 90% of the time. >>5 Stocks Set to Soar on Bullish Earnings Every week, I take an in-depth look at big names that are telling important technical stories. Here's this week's look at five high-volume stocks to trade this week.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV