AquaBounty Technologies Comment: Leading Scientists Say FDA Process For Approving Genetically Modified Food And Animals Unworkable
The three authors include internationally respected experts who receive no money or other support from industry or non-profits that meddle in policy. Alison Van Eenennaam, Ph.D., University of California-Davis, is a member of US FDA's Veterinary Medicine Animal Committee, the independent body of experts that reviews applications at the request of the agency's Center for Veterinary Medicine. William Muir, Ph.D. is a professor of animal science at Purdue University. Eric Hallerman is a professor of wildlife and fisheries at Virginia Tech University. Muir and Hallerman thoroughly reviewed the data and both presented at the public FDA Forum on the AquaBounty application.
Stotish stated: "The delay associated with our approval has damaged the credibility of the FDA as an independent science-based regulatory agency. The influence of politicians and those philosophically opposed to biotechnology on what is supposed to be an evidence-based process is creating an environment of 'regulation by referendum' – a disservice to the health and safety of the American people."
Contact: Dave Conley cell 613-294-3078 firstname.lastname@example.org
Harry Chathli, Claire Norbury+44 207 618 9100 email@example.comSOURCE AquaBounty Technologies, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV