During the second quarter, the Company recorded additional income of $6.4 million in connection with the repayment at par of the first mortgage secured by interests in 315 Park Avenue South, Manhattan. The Company acquired this non-performing loan with an original balance of $219.0 million in November 2012.
Financing and Capital Activity
In April 2013, the Company refinanced the previous $119.6 million first mortgage at 1552-1560 Broadway with a new three-year construction financing facility totaling $200.0 million, which carries a weighted average floating rate of interest of 317 basis points over the 30-day LIBOR.
In April 2013, the Company refinanced the maturing $12.0 million mortgage at 21 East 66 th Street with a new $12.0 million 10-year mortgage which bears interest at a fixed rate of 3.6 percent.In May 2013, the Company refinanced the maturing $53.2 million mortgage at 29 West 34 th Street with a new $53.2 million five-year mortgage which carries a floating rate of interest of 190 basis points over the 30-day LIBOR. During the second quarter, the Company redeemed all 7,700,000 outstanding shares of its 7.625% Series C Cumulative Redeemable Preferred Stock at a redemption price of $25.00 per share, plus $0.3495 per share in accumulated and unpaid dividends on such shares through the redemption date. Dividends During the second quarter of 2013, the Company declared quarterly dividends on its outstanding common and preferred stock as follows:
- $0.33 per share of common stock, which was paid on July 15, 2013 to stockholders of record on the close of business on July 1, 2013; and
- $0.40625 per share on the Company's 6.50% Series I Cumulative Redeemable Preferred Stock for the period April 15, 2013 through and including July 14, 2013, which was paid on July 15, 2013 to stockholders of record on the close of business on July 1, 2013, and reflects the regular quarterly dividend which is the equivalent of annualized dividend of $1.625 per share.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV