During the quarter, 641,012 square feet of office leases commenced in the Manhattan portfolio. Office leases totaling 131,210 square feet replaced previous vacancy. Office leases comprising the remaining 509,802 square feet, which had been occupied within the prior twelve months, had average starting rents of $56.60 per rentable square foot, representing a 5.0 percent increase over the previously fully escalated rents on the same office spaces.Occupancy for the Company’s Suburban portfolio increased to 80.5 percent at June 30, 2013, compared to 80.2 percent at March 31, 2013.
- Early renewal on 178,024 square feet with The Travelers Indemnity Company for 5.0 years at 485 Lexington Avenue bringing the remaining lease term to 8.2 years;
- Early renewal and expansion on 72,080 square feet with IMG Worldwide, Inc. for a weighted average term of 10.1 years at 304 Park Avenue South bringing the remaining lease term to 14.8 years;
- New lease on 52,450 square feet with Pandora Media, Inc. for 10.0 years at 125 Park Avenue;
- New lease on 49,541 square feet with Blue Mountain Realty, LLC for 10.0 years at 280 Park Avenue;
- New lease on 49,541 square feet with Promontory Financial Group, LLC for 10.0 years at 280 Park Avenue;
- Early renewal on 37,224 square feet with Deloitte LLP for 10.0 years at Jericho Plaza bringing the remaining lease term to 11.1 years;
- Early renewal on 36,920 square feet with SGS North America, Inc. for 11.0 years at The Meadows bringing the remaining lease term to 11.8 years; and
- Early renewal on 35,113 square feet with Beth Israel Medical Center for 15.6 years at 555 West 57 th Street bringing the remaining lease term to 16.6 years.